April 10, 2014

Professional Blessings



The pictures in this blog post are to highlight an opportunity for you to attend some of the best professional development I've been a part of as a teacher, curriculum director, and now as a presenter. This has been through Staff Development for Educators.   The pictures included show me with my 5th grade teacher (a person who inspired me to learn and to become a teacher--she's now a math coach and I'm now a math presenter and curriculum director--thanks Mrs. Hastings--we just happened to run into each other at the conference this summer).  Another photo shows me holding a sign with an SDE colleague.  Ricky has taken me under her wing and given me tips about presenting, Math content, and life....as have many others from SDE.   Ricky and I have even had the chance to go to Singapore and observe classrooms and learn from teachers and administrators.  Finally, there's a picture of other presenters I've befriended.  They're a network I cannot begin to describe and there are folks missing from this picture, for sure because the network is so big.  Whether it's an SDE conference or another one, take the time and effort to attend a national conference.  They can be literally life changing and career affirming.  They have been for me.  If you want to attend one I'm presenting at, join me in Vegas (woot woot!)--I'll be at the Singapore Math Strategies Conference and the Differentiated Instruction Conference.  You can even get a 10% discount by using the code Nat10.  Register on sde.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment